Mid - Late April 2021
21st CENTURY AUCTIONS
To SEARCH this page
click CTRL + F on your keyboard and enter the word you are looking for
AUSTRALIA MILITARY & USED ABROAD
633. BC614) Malaya 1941. Bears 25c Perak SG 115 used on small airmail cover to Austin Hospital, Heidelberg Vic. Cancelled by AIF FPO 17 cds of 20AU41. Violet triangular passed by censor No. 2582 on face. Reverse bears sender name as address from 13th Aust. Tank. Bty. R.A.A, AIF Malaya. A little aged, but a scarce cover. Price $59
634. APH944-976) Queensland Field Post Offices 1941 - 55. Great Range of 32 covers. All but one are WWII era. Good range of postmarks & censor marks and many are concessional 1d rate. Cds cancels of Towns noted are Amberley, Atherton, Babinda, Brisbane, Bundaberg, Cairns, Cairns North, Cannon Hill, Charters Towers, Clifton, Cooktown, Goondiwindi, Indooroopilly, Innisfail, Maryborough, Mount Garnet, Monto, Petrie Terrace, Ravenshoe, South Johnstone, Southport, Strathpine, Toogoolawah, Townsville, Tully, Victoria Point, Wollangarra, Woolloongabba & Yeronga. A few contain original correspondence. A scarce assembly, price $950
635. APH828-843) Australian Forces in the Middle East 1941-42. Scarce lot of 14 covers & 2 Air Mail Letter cards, 1 of these is a front only. Pmks. Inc. AIF Field PO’s, Div. HQ PO DM1, 3RD BDE HQ etc. With items emanating from Syria, Lebanon, Libya and Egypt. Most are franked 9d, either 9d Platypus or 3 x KGVI 3d Blue thin paper. The lettercards are franked 3d and there is one unstamped Green Active Service Envelope form A.F. W3078. A fine and rare group all to private addresses around Australia, some aging as is to be expected. Price $1195
636. Neth1-19) Australian Forces in Netherlands Indies and Borneo April – Sept. 1945. Nice range of 19 covers, mostly bearing 3d Brown KGVI. Most are to private addresses in Australia with Army or RAAF Censor cachets and with Aust. F.P.O, Base P.O., RAAF Base PO, A.I.F. Field P.O. etc. from such places as: Morotai, Morotai Australian Military Forces Shopping Centre, Morotai Docks, Tarakan Island Borneo (The Battle of Tarakan was the first stage in the Borneo campaign of 1945. Tarakan is a triangle-shaped island 2.5 miles (4.0 km) off the coast of Borneo. The island is roughly 15 miles (24 km) long from its northernmost point) Balikpapan (The Battle of Balikpapan was the concluding stage of Operation Oboe. The landings took place on 1 July 1945. The Australian 7th Division, composed of the 18th, 21st and 25th Infantry Brigades, with KNIL troops, made an amphibious landing, codenamed Operation Oboe Two a few miles north of Balikpapan, on the island of Borneo. The landing had been preceded by heavy bombing and shelling by Australian and US air and naval forces. The Japanese were outnumbered and outgunned, but like the other battles of the Pacific War, many of them fought to the death.) One Morotai FPO cds is dated 8 SE 45, later than recorded by Collas. A rare and attractive group, some with aging. Price $975
637. APH922- 938) Netherlands New Guinea, Australia Used in 1943-1945. 14 covers, 2 fronts and 1 letter Card. All from Australian Military Post Offices and emanate from variously: Biak Is., Hollandia, Merauke, Merauke area, Middleburg (Biak Is.) & Noemloor Is. List of allocations provided based mainly on Proud and to a lesser extent Collas. Most are to private Australian addresses, but there is one Inter Island mail from Field PO 079 to Archdeacon S. Gill at Angau. (The Australian New Guinea Administrative Unit (ANGAU) was a civil administration of Territory of Papua and the Mandated Territory of New Guinea formed on 21 March 1942 during World War II. The civil administration of both Papua and the Mandated Territory of New Guinea were replaced by an Australian Army military government and came under the control of ANGAU from February 1942 until the end of World War II.) Another covered is endorsed “No stamps available” Rare and attractive assembly, price $995
TO MAKE AN OFFER
please contact Kevin Morgan on:
Phone: 0425 795 693
Post: PO BOX 1290, Upwey, Victoria, Australia, 3158
DISCOUNT SALE MID - LATE APRIL 2021
Orders up to $100 are strictly net. $101 - $250 deduct 10%, $251 - $500 deduct 15%, $501 - $1000 deduct 20%
Orders over $1000 deduct 25%
Orders over $2500 deduct 30%
All discounts can be applied to items from previous lists in order to achieve a higher discount level.
No discounts apply to items purchased on Layby terms.
Layby welcome for orders above $500. Scans or colour photocopies of individual stamps, covers or sets are available on request.
Many smaller items, including a lot that are not on this list may be found in our eBay listings. Our store name is 21st-century-auctions
Postage and insurance extra, Free Within Australia above $500. We accept all cards and PayPal at no fee. Hours generally 9am – 4.30 Mon – Fri, but we will often answer the phone after hours.
All of our items carry our 14 day satisfaction guarantee, EXCEPTING Collections, packets and mixtures, these may not be returned for any reason unless grossly mis-described.